Saturday, October 3, 2009

For everything there is a season...

And now's the time for football. You know what that means for me...plenty of time to blog! Yes, computer's still broken. But REALLY long days and nights at Lori's are not fruitless for me!

What could be a better time to blog? Fall is here as well, and it is my the beginnig of my favorite time of the year. The air is fresh and the wind is full of promise. At least that's the way I always feel. There's so many fun things to do and see, and I love the colors, smells, and opportunities that are present from now until the end of December. The cooler weather is always a plus, especially this year when it seems that cooling off is not a possibility for me. Blame it on the hormones, huh?

The pregnancy is going well, thanks to lots of prayers. We've had a couple of scary little incidents, the latest being rising blood pressure and the scare of possible toxemia. The Lord has provided His ever-present protection, and for now, we seem to be on the safe side.

Ella Charles is the name we have chosen for our sweet girl. (Jason gave in to her middle name, explaining to Lori that he was okay with "Charles" because we just wouldn't teach her her middle name...my sweet J...what can I say about him?) We have so much to be thankful for, and catching up on everyone's blog tonight reaffirms those thoughts. Thanks for the reminders on faith and God's goodness. That's something I should focus on more often, and I feel like I would have a much more peaceful life. I am always borrowing trouble from tomorrow, though His Living Word reminds me that He has better things for me! Yet another thing I should focus on...

We have a lot to do to our house before Ella gets here (her nursery is currently full of baseball cards and hunting gear...), and we are running low on time! I am getting anxious, but I know it will work out. I am blessed with a great man who wants the best for his daughter and his wife, and I know he will somehow work it out in between hunting and football!

BY THE WAY, before I forget, there are a couple of you I could not catch up with (Lori G, Tina...)and I would like to. Let me know how.

ALSO, TO ALL OF YOU "FACEBOOKERS"...
I am extremely happy that you found yet another way to connect with the rest of the world, but PLEASE don't forget about blogging. That is the only way I can keep up with everyone, and I admit, I'm not even good at that! I keep hearing how I need to get on facebook myself, but with no consistent internet access, I say what's really the point? Just one more thing I would have to spend hours catching up on!

I hope to become a regular again in the blogging world, but we shall see! As long as there's a game. Until next time...

5 comments:

DeAnne DuBose said...

Carrie I love you too! I miss you and think of you often also. I need your numbers so we can do lunch or go shopping for sweet baby Ella! Make sure I get a invite to her shower. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Oh, Our address isn't the one in the phone book. Call me and I'll give it to ya. 222-2227 Hope to hear from you soon.

Shonna said...

So glad you updated!! See you in the morning...LOVE YOU:)

Lori said...

Well, if you were wondering, we WON the game that you didn't watch... ROLL TIDE!!

I'm getting really tired of facebook anyway!

The Wilson's said...

Glad you are doing well!!! Thank you for the sweet compliment on my blog, although I don't feel the slightest bit cute at the moment!! I will keep you in my prayers and hope your bp stays under control. How far along are you now? I am counting down the days until Nov. 10th!!! Kind of wondering if she will come earlier because of my lack of energy and frequent pains. I know exactly how you feel about the heat and I am soo tired of sweating while sitting still. YAY FALL!!! Take care of yourself and Miss Ella!!

Christi said...

I'm praying for you and Ella! :)