Saturday, October 24, 2009

LOTS of prayer requests...

Today is a pretty good day. We made it through this week with no major catastrophes, (kind of a record for Fridays here) and, in the Lord's hands, we just keep on pushing.

My doc. came in this morning with good news, and maybe some not so good news. My protein levels have gone done from a 10 to a 4 since last week (very good thing), and my monitoring and ultrasounds, for the most part look really good. However, the fluid levels surrounding the baby seem to be decreasing every other day. (They know this from the ulrasounds.) Dr. Thorp said this is not something to be overly concerned about, but it does mean we may not make it to 33 weeks. We are still staying positive, and are expecting to make it to our original goal. We will know more about it Monday, and the doc. even said that the levels could be back up Monday. I thought he was joking, but the nurse told me that it's definitely possible, and they have seen it happen before. She also assured me that SEVERAL different factors play in to whether it's time to deliver or not, and it just depends on what they feel will be best for me and the baby at the time. So we will see...

One of my main prayer requests since I have been here is concerning abnormal ultrasounds. Previously, I had two other different areas that were irregular, and, through much prayer, each area has been corrected. I believe in the Lord, and I believe He is able to perform mighty miracles, so we are just praying in the direction that He will correct this problem just as He has several other complications so far. He is so mighty...

Also, my bp was kind of all over the map yesterday. Though my high ones were not extremely high (like 165 or 170-they like to keep it between 140 and 150 for me) I only really had one GOOD reading yesterday. They are not happy about that, and are continuing to limit visitors, AND I actually have had a couple lately that are way too low for me. Thursday I had one that was like 93/68. The Dr. said that is too low for me because the baby is used to much higher pressures, and actually needs those to keep thriving. They were hoping to have me more steady and stable by now, so please pray for that as well.

My spirits have been pretty good lately, and Dr. Thorp told me Thursday that he believed that was a huge reason I haven't delivered. Of course, that made me very happy, and I am trying hard to keep it up for our little girl. Every day she is growing and growing, and she becomes even more real to me, as I feel her wiggle and move lots and lots. I am just am lifting her up to the Father every day, and I ask that he gives me a little more time to keep her growing and growing before she arrives.

Please pray for my sweet mother who has not left Pensacola since I have been here. She won't. She is here with me many nights (or at her aunt's house who conveniently lives about 10 mins. away:), and every day. She is extremely tired and taxed (though she would never say it), and pray for strength and rest for her. Also, pray for her and my Daddy financially. He is busting it 5 days a week from 3:30 in the morning, and spending his weekends here. They have many unexpected expenses from hotel rooms to gas and food. (My mother buys me 3 meals a day so I won't have to eat cafeteria food, plus lots of other little things. For example, she bought me some Halloween streamers to decorate my room so I would feel more at home...greatest mother EVER.)

Pray that my Daddy and Jason would get rest as well. They both go to work so early, and I know my Daddy is lonely without my mother. And Jason spends almost EVERY night here with me. Then he goes home and has to wash clothes, care for our dogs...Again, we couldn't do it without lots of help, but DO please pray for my wonderful family. They are a huge reason I can keep going.

Please pray for my allergies. I have always had really sensitive skin and about 3 days ago, I started itching and clawing like crazy. My Dr. has ruled out the meds (thank you, Jesus), but other than that it is REALLY hard to track down what is causing it. They got me special sheets, but they are not sure WHAT could be the cause, from the laundry detergent to the towels. I am red and super itchy so pray that we could find the source of that.

Despite each of these minor details, I am aware more and more every day of the Lord's presence and His goodness. In a way, I feel kind of lucky to have this kind of extra time to focus on Him, and draw even closer to my precious friends and family. Also, until you experience something like this, you can NEVER understand the amazing love and generosity that people have deep inside. We have been blown away.

Again, thank you all for everything. I can't wait to one day tell Ella how much she was loved on and prayed for even before she was here. Until next time...just keep praying.

11 comments:

Lori said...

You know we're praying.... Love you!

Unknown said...

Remembering you in our prayers!
The Holts

The Wilson's said...

We will keep up the praying for you and your entire family! I hope the itching stops and your bp stabilizes.

Lynn Castleberry said...

I pray for you every day, and I hope that you and Ella stay healthy. I called you a few weeks ago but your mom said that you were resting. I haven't tried again because I know you need your rest. I can't wait to see that beautiful baby girl, but I hope she holds on for as long as she possibly can!!

Lynn Castleberry said...

Oh, I have to tell you this little story. I was praying before dinner one night, and I said Lord, please be with Mrs. Carrie and keep her blood pressure down. Well, my mother called me a few days after that when she was keeping Madison and asked me who my friend Carrie was. I told her and then I asked why. She said, well we were getting ready to eat luch and Madison said, "Mi-Mi we need to pray for Mrs. Carrie because her blood pressure is bleeding." I almost wet my pants. I thought you might enjoy that little story. Stay strong!!

ShannonL said...

I love you and I am praying for you and your family. If there is anythin I can do or if you want to talk, call me. It is toll free for you on my cell phone. 888-826-5856 I hope you stop itching soon. Tell your mother I can come sit anytime if she will take a break and go rest. Love you bunches!
Shannon Morgan Lee

Unknown said...

Carrie,

I am deeping sad by all that has been going on with you and your family. I was very happy for you and Jason the day I heard you guys were having a baby as you done great things with my son when you were his teacher. God will take care of you! I want you to know that the Migliaccio Family will be praying very hard for you, Ella, Jason, Mrs Judy and Mr. Charles. Please let me know if you need anything at all! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Tell your mom and dad if they need anything call me day or night 334 333 6561.

We Love you guys
God Bless
Anthony Migliaccio

Unknown said...

Carrie,
I think about you everyday and you are my first prayer of the day! I love you and am so thankful you are in such great spirits during this time. I really miss you at work. You are truly a blessing to me and I am so excited for that sweet baby girl you have on the way. She is going to know just how special she is from the very first day! God's amazing love will never fail us no matter what the circumstances....can't wait to see you! I am here if you need anything at all...please know that you and your whole family are being lifted in prayer daily by mine! Love You Lots! 334-343-3977 me
Your Sister In Christ,
Angie Whittington

Gayle Weaver said...

Carrie, Uncle John, David and I are praying for you, Ella, Jason, Charles & Judy. We love you all and pray that God will continue to bless you all and give you all that beautiful baby girl when HIS time comes. We love you all and if we can do anything for either of you, please let us know. Hope you quit itching soon and are more comfortable, with better BPs. Love you, Aunt Gayle

Rebecca Lynne said...

Hi Carrie!

I have to say I am so proud of you! You are doing great! You are in good Hands and you have good doctors. My prayer for you would be not to look at the circumstances of what's going on around you. Yes, I know you are miserable with the IV's and shots and medications, ect, but don't give in, Carrie. If I had your faith six years ago, I would've overcome a lot more than what I did go through; however, God was merciful regardless. Just keep hanging on and singing!

When Ella does get here, it will all be worth it. She will be so loved by you and your family and friends, that before you know it, this wil all be a distance memory.

If there is anything you need or if you have any questions, do not hesitate. Call me(334-488-3672)

I love you, miss you, and hope God shine His light upon you and your baby. In Jesus's name.
(Num 4:26, I believe)

In Christ Alone,
Lynne

P.S. Have you guys called about the Ronald McDonald house?

The Daniel Family said...

Hi Carrie,

I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know exactly how you feel as I was in a very similar situation not to long ago...on bed rest in a hospital away from home praying to make it several more weeks.

I fully believe that prayer and attitude kept me from delivering any earlier than I actually did. Every day that you don't deliver is huge for the baby. Each week make a new goal and write it where you can see it. Have faith that you WILL get to it.

About the low fluid...drink as much water as you possibly can. By doing that the baby can replenish the fluid.

You can do it and it will be so worth it in the end. You are in my prayers.

Brittany Mikel Daniel