Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Still pregnant...

29 weeks and counting. The original goal here for us was 33 weeks, and we are managing to push closer every day. Yesterday, Dr. Thorp ordered me to have an ultrasound every day instead of every other day, so this morning I woke up pretty anxious knowing what was ahead. I have some of my favorite scriptures posted in front of my bed, so when I feel overwhelmed, I look up and try to focus on Jesus and His promises. Jason (my other constant source of strength) reminds me that Jesus loves our little girl even more than we do, and that He has His perfect timing. I know he's right, and we have experienced that first hand several times, as there has been more than one occasion that different doctors have told me they expected me to deliver already.

I know the Lord does have His perfect timing, but I also think He listens to the prayers of His children, and we are continuing to pray daily for Ella to stay with me a little longer. As a matter of fact, J and I set a personal goal of November 16. That will be the Monday after I am 32 weeks. (I will be 33 weeks the next Saturday, and my doc. has already told me, and continues to tell me, he will not let me go over 33 weeks.) Anyway, I told Dr. Thorp this morning about November 16, and he told the nurse to go ahead and schedule my C-section for that day. I was so surprised! But now that is the new plan. Unless something begins to change for the worst, Ella will be born November 16. The fact that he so quickly agreed to the date, reassured me, and made me feel like that is something that he thinks is obtainable. Again, there are several factors that affect this decision, so we still need lots of prayer every day. Two verses that have come to mean a lot to me this week are Matthew 17:20 (faith like a mustard seed) and Ephesians 3:20,21 which speaks of how the Lord is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine. I am receiving nothing from this experience, if not a lesson in the power of prayer and faith. Again, I am thankful, too that His mercies are new every morning.

Thank you all so much for the prayers, gifts, cards, and comments on my blog. Some of you I have not spoken with in years, and I am thankful that you took the time to show your love and support.

Brittany, thanks for the tip on the water...something is working (prayer, I know), and I want you to know I prayed for you and your baby too.

Shelley, just to let you know...these nurses here are amazing, and EVERY one of them talks about how they love and miss you. I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

To all of you at Hopewell, I hope the fall festival is amazing tomorrow night, and I wish I could be there to help. Next year, Ella and I will be there with bells on.

They just gave me something for this horrible itching, and though it seems to be working, I am getting extremely sleepy, and I didn't sleep at all last night. I know I have mentioned that some of these meds. give me horrible nightmares, so I almost kindof dread going to sleep. I try to get naps during the day, and now is the time. Will post more soon...

5 comments:

The Wilson's said...

I am so glad that everything is looking better! I hope and pray that you make it to your goal and get to Nov. 16th! I am glad you have such a loving, caring family to provide support for you during this time. I Look forward to hearing more good news:) May God continue to bless you and your family!

Lori said...

We are very excited about Nov. 16 and I'm trying to explain to Jack B how soon Ella C will be here!!

We are amazed by how God has continued to do things that only He can do in this situation!

The Clarks said...

Carrie- Chills went through my body when I read that Dr. Thorp is your doctor. He was my dr. as well. Even though our outcome was not what we were hoping for, we did have a great team of doctors and nurses around us 24-7. I met some of the nicest medical workers there during our short stay. I know you are so anxious as you wait for the days to tick off. We continue to keep you in our prayers!

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing well and Baby Ella to. I will continue prayer for you and your new little family.

DeAnne DuBose said...

Glad to hear that things are getting better! That is an answered prayer! Thanks for that sweet comment about little Miss. Ava. I can't wait to meet her. Mom and I are flying out some time in March and hope we don't miss her big day. I miss you and I love you too! My thoughts are with you always as well as my prayers.
DeAnne