Sunday, March 29, 2009

"comes in like a lamb, goes out like a lion" (or vice versa)

That's what my mother has always said. March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Though we had some snow in the beginning, it's official...spring has sprung. This is one of my very favorite times of the year. I know we have had some horrific weather lately, and I am very thankful that we made it through with no losses, (as we DO live in a mobile home...) I am also thankful that we know the One who controls the storms. I love to look out behind my house over the big, green field and see the dark, heavy clouds as they roll in. There is usually lots of white, little tails of cotton (rabbits), and several baby deer playing or snacking close to the edge of the woods. I love to feel the cool breeze, and watch as the earth begins to drink the fat drops of water that the Lord provides. We actually have plans to move onto Brooklyn Road in the near future, and I told Jason that is one thing I will miss the most...the amazing view. I literally feel like I am looking straight into Heaven.

Of course, the thunder and lightning (or TORNADOES!!!) that usually follows the rain is not something that I enjoy; my "babies" are even worse. I woke up Thursday night to the sound of knocking on our bedroom door. As I moved my little "Happy" dog from my forehead, (he had snuck up and laid on my pillow...) I sat up, startled. There I found my cat sitting at the door, reaching under the crack with her paw trying to pull the door open! They say that after a while, animals begin to take on the characteristics of their owners, and all of mine are NUTSO just like their daddy! (Just kidding. I mean they really are nuts, but Jason's not...)

Well, big things are ahead for my family this month. Next weekend, is our beloved annual family reunion. It seems that the crowd gets less and less each year, which is kind of sad to me. My mother told me that before Lori and I were born, the family reunion used to be at my parents house (which my Daddy was born and raised in). My Daddy has 13 brothers and sisters! I can not imagine what a mess that was! Needless to say, our reunion will be cut short because some friends of ours are getting married (YAY BEN AND BRIDGETTE), and I will be serving at their reception. The next weekend, Ben will be home, which means lots of moving in! Also, the egg hunt at church, and EASTER! I love Easter because, like Bro. Barry says, without Easter, there is no message. I am so guilty of making light of the significance of the cross without even realizing it. I love that I have the chance to really focus on the awesomeness of Jesus' death and resurrection! And to remember He did it for me! Jack and his Aunt Dee Dee (ME) have a birthday on the 15th (tax day, I know, I know), and the following weekend (the 18th) is his birthday party, which I am also super excited about. (I will let Lori post about that.) It is also my Daddy's birthday, and our husbands are excited as well because the A-day game is the 18th and "televised this year, can you believe it?" (Blah, blah.) The last weekend of the month, me and some other ladies are going to Pensacola for a women's conference. I am anticipating this opportunity, and am yearning to strengthen relationships with my friends and my Jesus. Uncle Jay Jay (Jason) has a birthday the 29th of this month, and the next thing you know, April is gone!

By the way, thank you to each of you who have encouraged me through your kind words, and your prayers. This time of transition has been much more bearable thanks to you! I don't feel like where I am now is what the Lord has for me long term, but I 'm so thankful for new experiences, and for a job to help pay the bills! I just feel like something big is yet to come! We'll see...

5 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I hope you're saving your money b/c it sounds like there are about 100 birthdays in April!! Great post - I'm loving this time of year too... We'll see if we can have a birthday party without needing mud boots:)

The Wilson's said...

It sounds like a beautiful view you have!!! I so miss living in the "country!" We are working towards getting closer to there one day in the future. Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you.
Yes, I think spring has sprung and the wonderful colors that it brings makes each day brighter!

Julie said...

A huge fan of this beautiful weather, too!

Looking foward to the Ladies Retreat @ the end of April.

Shonna said...

Your view does sound like Heaven, but it sure will be fun once we ALL get on Brooklyn Road!!!

Oh, and C told me tonight that she "need Mrs. Tarrie to tome eat with me"...I told her she was going to have to take that up with you and Mr. Jason!

Heather said...

I love the weather also, however we live in a DW trailer and I get a little upset when the weather gets bad. You said it best though we have to remember who is in control.