Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

Easter is one of my very favorite times of the year for many reasons. I have many sweet memories of waking up super early to see what the Easter Bunny brought. (My parents SPOILED me...) I always had baskets full of fun treats. A couple of times my birthday fell on Easter and those days were super special for me. I loved to get dressed up and go to church, then have a big, yummy lunch with all of my family. Those are memories that I will never forget.

Of course, Easter has a greater meaning that I have always been aware of, but it seems to me that as I get older and strive to grow closer to my Savior, Easter's message speaks to me in greater and greater volumes. I am very guilty of taking advantage of the cross, and somehow forgetting the significance of Christ's blood. Friday afternoon Jim Walker played something on the radio that moved me to tears. I was reminded of what my Jesus did for me. I urge you to listen to the clip. Click on this website http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzto6khRp7w Please view this link...it speaks for itself. I PROMISE you won't be sorry. Happy Easter. May the love of Christ and what He did for us overwhelm you this special weekend.

10 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Sorry, that last comment was me. I was hacked into your blog LOL!! It's very powerful! Thanks for sharing:)

Lynn Castleberry said...

Praise God Sunday is coming! Thank you so much for your Christian example and willingness to serve our risen Savior. Madison loves you very much and so do I!

Heather said...

We had a wonderful Easter. I hope to post about our easter soon. Our Lord is a great and wonderful Savior.

Karen said...

Wow. Powerful. Thank GOD for Sunday!!!

Hope you and Jason and a wonderful Easter.
And Happy Birthday a few days early! :)

The Wilson's said...

Happy Easter to you too!! Thanks for sharing the wonderful message.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!! I left you a Happy Birthday on my blog, but it could be next month before you see that, so....

Hope you have a great day!!

Karen said...

I did manage to sign in today, so I thought I would stop by and say Happy, happy birthday!

Julie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Carrie!! So I guess you might be like the rest of us that have turned 29......and sticking to this motto: "Twenty-Nine and Holding"!!! HAHAHA!!!

Kim Turman said...

I am axious to see what you might blog about next. Please hurry.