Friday, March 13, 2009

THANKS TO JILL...

Jason and I (and you) have been praying for the Lord's guidance and direction in our lives for the past month. Though we have been confused and discouraged at times, we were always sure that our Father had great things ahead. (His word says so, remember? Jeremiah 29:11...) Jason and I feel that His desire for us is to become debt free and financially stable, which is extremely hard to do without an income! MY greatest desire is to have a child, and be able to stay home with him (or her). The Lord has different plans, (for now; only He knows what is to come) and he knows what is best!

I guess I should start from the beginning. Some of you may know Jill Elmore. She is a brilliant nurse practitioner, who I had the opportunity to work with for almost a year and a half. (She is actually one of the main things I miss about my former job!) The first time I met Jill I thought no one could REALLY be that nice, but she is! She is one of the kindest, most sincere people I have ever met in my life. She helped me so much. She was always so patient and so caring, and we became close friends. When the spa closed, Jill fought for my job, and she is one reason I was able to stay as long as I did. She always encouraged me and stood beside me through everything, and I thank God for her and what she means to me. The day I lost my job, as I was leaving, Jill told me she would help me any way she could. An hour later, she lost her job too.

Do you know what she has been doing? Looking for a job. For me. NOT her. (She is pregnant, YAY, and is planning to wait until the baby is born...)

I received a call from Jill a couple of weeks ago, and she was talking with her friend, Stacey, who was interested in meeting with me regarding future employment. I had an interview Tuesday, and started my new job Wednesday. Jones Veterinary Hospital. How excited am I! I LOVE animals, and am really looking forward to this new phase in my life! I will be working reception mostly, and, though training has been a little difficult and challenging so far, I feel like this is an incredible opportunity, and I am so blessed to be there.

When Dr. Jones and his wife Stacey interviewed me, they told me they were looking forward to working with me. They told me I came highly recommended. Guess who. That's right, Jill.

So, Jill, if you are reading this, thank you. Thank you for everything. I can never, ever tell you how much you mean to me. You have always been on my team, and you encouraged me and supported me at times when I needed someone the most. Though we may not see each other for a while, you will not be forgotten. I am only a call away. I love you. Phillipians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."

P.S. Thanks so much to all of you who have been praying for me and my family. I am honored to call you friends.

P. S. S. My mother hasn't smoked in 4 days! Please keep praying, as He hears our prayers and knows our needs. Something that has been on my mind EVERY day lately..."His strength is made perfect in our weakness..."

16 comments:

Lori said...

Jill really IS that sweet!! So excited about your new job AND if I need to come up there...:)

Shonna said...

WOW...I love witnessing answered prayers!!! We love you and Jason and your faith in the Lord is amazing:)

Lori Griffin said...

I am so excited for you about your new job!! God is so good!! Jill is such a sweet person (her husband is my 2nd cousin)!

Karen said...

YAY!! God is good. Isn't it awsome how he gives us such amazing friends?!

Julie said...

You're right--Jill is SUPER sweet. Unfortunately, I dind't have the opportunity to teach her boys, Ashton & Colton, but I can tell where they get their sweetness from! They have done an outstanding job raising those twins.

I'm so proud that you have a job!! Everyone will be blessed to hear your sweet voice on the phone and/or in person. PRAISE GOD!

I'll keep your mother in my prayers!

DeAnne DuBose said...

That is so awesome!!!! We take our little babies to them! God is so awesome! Love you girly!
DeAnne

Lynn Castleberry said...

I am so proud for you. Hope you continue to enjoy it and I pray that you and Jason will have another blessing from God very soon!

Kim Turman said...

YEA!!!!! God is good!!!! That is where Cracker goes and know we have a new member to take there, his name is Jody. Love ya!

Kim Turman said...

Yea! I am so proud for you. God is good all the time~

Kim Turman said...

I thought my other post did not go through I spelled now know. Sorry, I know or (now) I am a teacher. Ha!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! Bailey's step-mother works out there (Mandy). I am sooo happy for you.

The Wilson's said...

Congratulations on your new job!! Sounds like fun getting to work with the animals. You may see Jason's mom sometime since she uses them for her animals. I am so happy for you and your mom. We will still remember you in our prayers!

Elizabeth Carter said...

Girl, you are such a beautiful person inside and out! I'm so happy that you got a new job, AND one that you LOVE!!! That makes all the difference in the world!!! I miss you and hope to see you soon!!!
Love you, Elizabeth

mandy said...

Thank you Carrie for all your prayers over the last several months. I love you and wish you the best with your new job. Your faith is just amazing.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you've found a job! God really does answer the prayers of His children who love him! I'm so amazed by your faith, Carrie! You really are a wonderful inspiration! Love ya!

Buffy said...

I would LOVE to work in a vet's office! That sounds so rewarding. I visit the animal shelter all the time just to see all the precious little ones.