Monday, November 24, 2008

My Job

Hello everybody! I was so excited to hear from each of you. It's funny how the Lord sometimes uses our past to bless our present! I will not be able to blog as much as I would like because, as per my luck, my computer is broken! So, I am using Lori's. (Thanks, Lou.) I may be able to "blog" (the words are still funny and foreign to me. . .) more next week at work (I am off this week!!!!!), but we will see. (I can tell Lori is right. . . I am quickly becoming addicted. . .) I started working at Covington Medical Associates (Dr.'s Samuel and Maria Gacha) November 4 and it is BUSY. (Example: we saw over 200 people last week!) Dr. Gacha opened Covington Medical Spa October 2007, and I was invited to be the massage therapist. At the time, I was teaching preschool in the morning (which I LOVED), and doing massage therapy at the spa in the afternoon. In May, when school ended, I started full time at the spa. Unfortunately, due to many factors (a HUGE one being the economy), October 23, 2008, the spa was closed. Dr. Gacha asked me to stay on and, now my job consists of many things, namely following up with weight loss patients. They started a weight management program several months ago, and as I myself am in the middle of it, it is something I am very passionate about. Through diet, a little excercise, and a little help with appetite suppressants, I have lost 21 pounds since July! I have a long way to go, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Well, once again, I have managed to say a lot about a little. (Call it hazards of the hobby, I guess.) Take care, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Phillipians 1:3

8 comments:

Shonna said...

I am so glad that you are loving your job! I hope that you have a great week off and enjoy your Thanksgiving...Love you!!!

PS I love the turkey Caroline made last night in class.

Julie said...

I, too, am glad to know that you are loving your job!!! Happy Thanksgiving Carrie Dee!
P.S. I still remember that Phil 1:3 is your favorite bible verse. "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you...." Ditto to you as well.....:)

Lori said...

I'm glad that you're enjoying the new job as well. It's good to have answered prayers! See you on Thanksgiving!!

Tina K Rogers said...

Carrie, tell me about the weight loss program. I've been dieting and working out since April and am at 23 lb (70 total since Ivy)... yeah, i was huge.... anyways, i'm and a standstill. Can you tell me about yall's weightloss program? Congrats on how well everything has turned out for you all...

Michelle said...

Hey Carrie!! It's so good to see you got "suckered" into the blogging thing too (thanks Lori:)!! LOL I am glad to see you on here so we can stay in touch! I am so happy and shocked at how many people I have been able to get back in touch with since doing this! I look forward to reading your's and staying in touch!! Love you!

Heather said...

Glad that you like your job. It really makes life a little easier when you have a job you like. Maybe I need your help to lose some of this baby fat I haven't got rid of yet since I'm through with all the baby having LOL!!!

The Wilson's said...

I think it would be neat to be a massage therapist, because the patient has instant relief. Whereas in my job(radiographer) all I get to do is hurt the patient so the doc can do his job to fix them. I feel so sorry for the elderly and little kids when they have broken bones! I know you hated to leave preschool, it is so much fun working with children. It is more fun than any other job because you don't have to be a "grown-up", per-say!!
As far as weight loss- I don't even want to hear those words with Thankgiving upon us! I have learned to cut back on portions but I still have trouble avoiding yummy foods. I have an eliptical machine in my room that pretty much serves as a clothes rack. I really like it, I just have problems fitting it in my schedule!

Dawn said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I didn't know you were blogging! I have now added you and Jason! I hope you are doing well. Let me hear from you sometime! Take care and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
Love,
Dawn