Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cheese

Well, Lori tells me I do not have enough pictures on my blog. The thought has occurred to me that some of you may not even realize that my blog is mine, because she is right; only a few pictures and they are very small. In my defense, remember, my computer is out of comission, and it's kind of hard to post new pics with no computer, scanner, or camera! And though most of these are not current, (remember I have lost 21 pounds!) here they are in all their glory! (HAHA) Plus, my friend Michelle (Bush) Royals informed me that I write WAY too much, and that she is not going to read it all. So here. Happy, Michelle?...


We are not sure exactly where this came from-we're thinking Jason Moore gave it to Lori, and I assume she made Jason Fore a copy. You know me and football, but this IS an awesome picture.
This was taken at Jordan Hare Stadium.

Tanner Tipler (Tip) Fore-what a monster! He has literally chewed my window sills to pieces. I have lost nice, expensive furniture because of him. Not to mention, lots of time, and many tears (mostly over shredded messes). Jason had always wanted a Red-Nose Pitt Bull, and I acquired him from a friend for a GOOD price for a surprise anniversary present. In the beginning, the dog and I had major problems with each other-we both thought we should be the boss. In the end, I won, and he has my heart. I love him so much as spoiled rotten as he is.
Lori and I at the river. I remember Tip was little, and we took him swimming for the first time...he HATED it.
Mama and Daddy at "The Buckboard."

(the same night)
Lori and I after a day in the sun at the river. One of our favorite family members was visiting, (Smith family reunion time- my husband could tell you how much fun that is, though as I am getting older I have come to appreciate it more) and we all went to dinner.

Big thing in the middle is the back of a bench. Lori set it up to automatically take our pic. This is at the Micky D's in St. Simons'. We were pretty impressed.


Our day trip to Savannah from St. Simon's. Lots of fun and beautiful.

This was written in the sand in St. Simon's Island in 2006. It was our first vacation with Lori and Ben. She had JUST found out she was pregnant with Jack. She didn't feel good the whole time, but we still had fun...

In St. Simon's Island after our "yummy"meal. We were sent to "the best place in town", and it was pretty terrible...


Jason and I heading to Honduras in Feb. 2007. It was his first time flying. What a life changing trip. I plan to blog about it later.

Jason and I and our "baby" Happy.


Our trip to the mountains, Dec. 26, 2007. We skipped the gift giving and took a trip instead. SO MUCH FUN. Here we are playing goofy golf. (My father-in-law, Mr. Kenny, my mother-in law, Mrs. Myra, my handsome hubby, Mama and Daddy.)

Christmas 2007-Mama, Mrs. Myra, and me at Dollywood.

Jack and Daddy, hence the name "Uncle Tractor".

These are two little boys that stole our heart. Though we don't get to spend as much time with them as we would like, we have been there for several firsts (first time bowling, first fishing trip, first ballgame...) Joseph is the oldest (and tallest). Jonathan is the youngest. They are sometimes a handful, as all boys are. We love them so much.

"One small step for man; one giant leap for mankind..."
Wow. That was lots of work (for Lori), and so time consuming. No wonder I don't post more pics!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Love the Roll Tide picture and I think Neil Armstrong looks very unhappy. You would think he would be thrilled that he just took a step on the moon!

The Wilson's said...

You did a good job! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures of you and your past events. I enjoyed them!

Christi said...

Hey-- I used to live in Savannah. We loved it while we were there. It is a great vacation spot. We visited St.Simon's while we lived there. We were able to make it to all of the "Golden Isles" during our short time living in Savannah. Our favorite was Cumberland Island. It has wild horses and no cars or public transportation. You have to ride bikes or walk where you want to go. It's where Carolyn Besset and the Kennedy fellow got married!! That made me think-- we've also been to Martha's Vineyard -- that's the island that the Kennedy's plane went down near. We went on a tour there and our tour guide showed us where their luggage washed up on the beach. Pretty morbid, huh? Anyway, sorry about the novel. Your post just brought back lots of memories. How about that Jason M? Where's he at these days?

Heather said...

You did do a good job. Thanks for the look back.

Shonna said...

That was a fun read...thanks for sharing! I love that picture of Jason/Neil Armstrong - way to funny!!!

Lauren said...

Hi there, Carrie! Very nice photos. Looks like all is well and always getting even better! :)

LeAnne said...

Hey!! It was so good to hear from you. I am glad to get to follow your blog now. I enjoyed the pictures!

Julie said...

I'm sure you know what my favorite picture is--the BIG ROLL TIDE @ that other school!! ;) And the Neil "Jason" Armstrong! FUNNY!

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing, I agree that you should post more pictures!! I love looking at everyone's pictures!! Everything I do now, I think to myself, I should take a picture so I can blog about it LOL :) BTW, when Michael was home, he was VERY disappointed when I showed him your blog...he said you were supposed to wait on him (to get married)!!! LOL He enjoyed looking at everyone's blog and now, I am trying to get him to blog!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's so great! I didn't read the rest of your blog, but I wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comment! :) It's great being able to keep up with everyone this way. I'm so busy with work - working LONG hours and trying not to go insane from the things that keep getting piled on me. I hope you have a wonderful time on the mission trip! I would love to go on one someday. I know they are a blessing to you and to the people you minister to. :) Keep in touch!